[SPARCbook] Error Codes Sparcbook 3xs

J Tingle nepenthes at cinci.rr.com
Sun Apr 10 03:58:46 CDT 2005

Thanks for the reply Ian and for the link to your great site.  I
wasn't sure if this list was still alive or not.

>B4: Ethernet failed internal loopback (not good...)
Oh oh, that's not good.

>F02: not sure about this.  Do you have a battery in the unit ?  Try
>removing it - I've seen machines refuse to start when the comms with
>the BQ battery monitor chip (inside the battery pack) gets confused
I took the battery out and just got the B4 code and a white screen.  I
tried a different battery I have and got the F02 again.

>Of course, if you don't have a battery, you've got a very sick machine
Yeah I think you are right.  I don't have much hope for this one.  I
bought 3 sparcbooks off ebay.  The first 3gx I bought was perfect,
128mb of ram, working battery, hdd caddy, clear scratch free screen.
So I bought 2 more sparcbooks from the same guy thinking they would be
of similar quality.  That was a mistake.  One is the dead 3sx and the
other is a 3gx that has a bad screen(very dim) and a slight burnt
plastic smell like it is overheating.  Anyone need some a couple
sparcbooks for parts :).

-Jay