[SPARCbook] Dead 3TX...

rjh at earthlink.net rjh at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 5 13:57:42 CDT 2003

Hi,

I just found a SPARCbook 3TX at the swap meet.
Brought it home, did not have a power supply so
plugged it into a 12V battery.

It booted just fine, thought it was attached to a network
and kept looking for some site to bind to... No problem.

I ran it until the battery died, but now the problem; it will
not restart.

All it will do now is, at power on, flash the green light
2 seconds, pause 4 seconds, 2 seconds on,  ad nauseam...

With the battery removed it does not even do this. Also
if I press the power button while the green led is on, the
system will beep as if it wants to start.

I have tried reseating the RAM, removing the drive, to no
avail.

One more thing, at power on the green led blinks twice
in quick succession before falling into the on/off cycle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you
Robert J. Hutchins