[SPARCbook] SPARCBook2: TOD clock not initialized

biscjohn at locutus.isu.edu biscjohn at locutus.isu.edu
Mon Nov 3 14:42:37 CST 2003

SunOS 4.1.3, ROM Monitor 1.4.

The computer fires up to Monitor, can't find the default OS, so goes into
the boot menu.  I select "boot default file", which boots SunOS 4.1.3, and
then I get WARNING: TOD clock not initialized, CHECK AND RESET THE DATE

Presumably, this is the Y2K issue.  My questions are: 1) is there a
Monitor patch/workaround to resolve this?  2) if not, can an alternate OS
resolve this (linux, netbsd, whatever: I'm happy in anything that gets the
computer up at this point) 3) once the TOD issue gets resolved, is there a
chance at getting a usable Solaris on it (2.5 or 2.6 if necessary, 7+ is
ideal)