[SPARCbook] Which BSD, and will anyone ever do the pcmcia bridge?

John Appleby john at dnsworld.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 12:48:22 CST 2003

> [mailto:sparcbook-bounces at sunhelp.org] On Behalf Of Koyote
>
> I've asked to see what has been done so far. It's far beyond
> my experience to write drivers, but I've got some local
> people willing to help. If I can get a hold of the source.

I would be willing to stab at the driver if I could get my 3GX working
again. I'm lacking an OS on it and don't have a copy of Solaris 2.6...

> Interestingly enough, I also have managed to get solaris 9
> running on a 3GX, though it lacks drivers for some
> subsystems. It may be worth some effort to work on that
> (video for starters)

I'm not convinced I follow you on that one really. I don't see what
Solaris 9 offers, apart from having a considerably larger footprint
(both disk and memory) and support for hardware that you probably can't
fit in the 3GX anyhow.

Um pretty much everything you didn't like about linux then :)

John