[SPARCbook] [Question] SPARCbook 3 and X

Robert Meier eaglecoach at wwnet.com
Thu Jun 26 21:54:43 CDT 2003

Sparkers,

I subscribed to sparcbook 2003.06.22 and received the "Welcome to the ..."
message.  Subsequently, I've received some off list messages (Thank you),
but have not received any messages from the list.

Is the list server active?

I recently installed SuSE 7.3 on a SPARCbook 3 (512 M HD, 32 M Ram).
Unfortunately, I've seen no response to the mouse.
	o no cursor on screen
	o nothing moves when ponter "button" is used
	o nothing changes when "buttons" are used.
What is the correct device and protocol for gpm?
Can anyone point me to or send a working XF86Config file?

After reading some of this list archives, I installed Debian 3.0r1
(woody), with tasksel (X), but gpm is not included and there is
still no working mouse.

I am a unix guru, SuSE experienced, and a Debian newbie.  Any help would
be appreciated.

TIA,
--
Dr. Robert J. Meier