[SPARCbook] Cheaper Tadpoles

Ian Spray ian_spray at tadpole.com
Thu Jul 10 15:26:06 CDT 2003

On Thursday, Jul 10, 2003, at 20:52 Europe/London,
biscjohn at locutus.isu.edu wrote:

> Speaking of which, I note that ftp. is back up.  good show!

It was a casualty of the transition, and the downtime was as awkward for
us as our customers, let me assure you.

> Is this the preferred domain for hw.tadpole.com now?

That's a surprisingly deep question, that I'm not 100% sure of.  Yes,
it is
certainly the address I would give out first, but that's mainly to do
with
the fact that my contract says Tadpole Computer at the top of it, so it
makes sense to me.  When we split, the domain "tadpole.com" was
considered
to be a well known and therefore valuable asset for both parties, hence
my email address and the fact that 'both' Tadpole's share the namespace.
What the future holds, and what the details of the name sharing are, I
have
no idea.

> Good god, Cluetrain Manifesto point 84 proves itself yet again!

Ok, I'll bite.  I found a mirror (gonzomarkets.com isn't in any DNS
server I
can easily recall the IP of...), and I've read 84.  Three times.  I
think
I'm digging myself into an even bigger hole, but all I can think of at
the moment is number 20...

TTFN,
--
Ian Spray