[SPARCbook] Video Problems on Ultrabook

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Sat Dec 20 00:41:09 CST 2003

I have an 200 MHz Ultrabook, now with vanilla Solaris 6 installed in the 12
GB disk. I haven't installed any of the Tadpole/RDI packages or patches yet.

The LCD display works fine on power up and during the first part of boot.
As soon as Openwindows comes up the LCD is unreadable.

I plugged a Sony/Sun 19" monitor on the external video connector. I tried
1152-mon and 1024-mon and in either case the CRT is unreadable. If I do a
1152-mon and boot Solaris I can see and move the mouse pointer but the
remainder of the display is unreadable.

The system has the Radeon video chip, not the Creator-3D.

Ideas?

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net