[SPARCbook] LCD upgrade for a SB 3XP

John Appleby john at dnsworld.co.uk
Sat Dec 20 00:41:12 CST 2003

Hi,

Yeah I looked it up last night and saw it was different to the 3GX. I've not
tried Sol9 myself, but from following the ramblings on this list over the
last couple of years, it will install on the SB3 et al., but with no FB. So
by the same thread, you would imagine it to work fully on the 170. No fun
tools to bring the battery life from 3 minutes up to 5 minutes but such is
life.

It is probably a brave man to install Sol9 on a machine with < 128Mb RAM but
you clearly have a masochist streak in you :)

This list should archive itself: http://ohno.mrbill.net/pipermail/sparcbook/

John