[SPARCbook] Linux Download available Finally!

Super-User helsod at algonet.se
Mon Sep 30 18:26:40 CDT 2002

Thomas Roehr wrote:

> As for the download, you can find it at www.nj-onramp.com
>
> It is a tar of the 2.3.5 Kernel and modules to bump a 2.2 install up to
> 2.3.5. It runs much cooler then the 2.2 kernels, and has framebuffer
> support.
>
> It is very stable. The other last kernel I built was the 2.3.99Pre..
> something, and was not quite as stable.

Thank you Thomas!

The kernel seem to work fine! I installed it and played around a little
and it seems to work.
The x-server works and seems stable so far.

I'm unsure whether it is any faster or  slower than Solaris 2.6 or 2.7
but I guess lack of
acceleration of the frame buffer makes it seem slower. But then my
Sparcbook only has 32M RAM.
(if anyone would like to sell 32,64 or 128 M I would be interested BTW
:-)

Thanks again,
Peter