[SPARCbook] (more) linux install troubles

Thomas Roehr troehr at nj-onramp.com
Thu Sep 12 16:35:31 CDT 2002

I know from personal experience that th 2.3 and 2.4 kernels run much
cooler. It's how the cpu idle loop is handled. I have had up times of
over 100 days on those kernels. I will post a very stable 2.3.5 kernel
and module set up on a web site for downloading within the next day, and
provide the link to the list.

Tom