[SPARCbook] Sparcbook S1 OSes

Wm. Josiah Erikson josiah at insanetechnology.com
Thu Sep 5 20:17:45 CDT 2002

Hello all,
	I'm having little luck trying to figure out a decent OS I can run
on my S1. It currently has SunOS 4.0 installed on it, and I have no
passwords. I could root it, I suppose, but I don't really know how or
where to go to find out :)
	I would really like to install OpenBSD, NetBSD, or linux on it.
Does anybody know if this is possible? I've tried booting it from the
SPARC boot disks for NetBSD and OpenBSD, and no luck - it doesn't even
find the file to boot from for some reason. There doesn't appear to be a
STOP key to get to the "normal" OpenBoot that I'm used to.
	-Josiah