[SPARCbook] Fw: Re: PowerSupply

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Mon May 20 09:18:56 CDT 2002

Oops.  Hadn't noticed that this was for the list as well - dunno if anyone
else needs this, but I guess it can't hurt to have it archived.

Begin forwarded message:

On Mon, 20 May 2002 10:00:06 EDT
johnny.agarwal at twcable.com wrote:

> Hi Ian,

Hi Johnny,

> Is your company still selling these power supply or if you know any
> third party vendors.

All of our systems are supported by our US office in Carlsbad, CA.  If you
contact them via email they'll be able to give you an accurate answer.
Try ams at tadpole.com for After Market Sales (I thinks that's still good),
or simply sales at tadpole.com if you haven't already.

> Are sparcbook 3 series notebook still supported by tadpole?

Hmm, tricky.  The full answer ?  Don't know - I'm a developer and so have
no real idea on when stock is finally retired for good.  It does also
depend on the contract (if any) that may be in place with us.  We tend to
support companies who've bought lots of our machines for longer than one
off sales (for obvious reasons :)

Unofficially, I've had no problems connecting a 12v 7Ah lead acid battery
to the external DC in of a SPARCbook, so all you need is a 12v supply than
can provide 5A and it'll be just fine.

HTH,

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-Cycle
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/