[SPARCbook] UltraSPARC IIe 500Mhz/Solaris 8 Notebook

Super-User helsod at algonet.se
Thu Feb 14 14:15:36 CST 2002

Richard Skrabe wrote:

> Dear Members,
> Anyone interested in a UltraSPARC IIe 500Mhz Notebook manufactured by
> Naturetech.
> Each notebook has Solaris 8 pre-installed.
> I have quantity on hand, eval units are available.
> Thanks
> Richard
>
> Richard Skrabe
> Technical Reality
> 16160 Caputo Dr
> Suite 200
> Morgan Hill, Ca 95037
> 408-776-8299
> 888-233-0032 Toll Free
> 408-776-7719 Fax
> 408-590-4910 Cell
> rskrabe at technicalreality.com

You'r the guys that are trying to sell these laptops on Ebay. With a
starting bid at $5000
and $6000 its perhaps not so surprising that people don't exactly bid
like maniacs. The highest
yet actual bid seem to be $3500 something, and the reserve on that
auction is not yet met.

But since these laptops sell at $8000 I guess if you could get one for
$6K you have still saved
$2K so I guess it can be considered a bargain, sort of.

I have my VISA card in my hand, if you want to sell for $1500 I'll give
you a call right now : -)
(Oh well I'll go back and look for that used Ultrabook 200MHz
instead...)

Peter