[SPARCbook] ATDX Scsi/IDE converter

James james at deviant.org
Mon Feb 11 22:26:54 CST 2002

I know that on my single drive, my ATDX is set as:

1- Off, 2- Off, 3- Off, 4- Off, 5- On, 6- Off, 7- Off, 8- Off

I am unsure of the significance of these switches.

But, the ID is still set with the 8 pins on the back (like a scsi
drive).

Which would be:
(Looking at the back of the ATDX unit... (I'll call the top right of
the 8 pins pin A, with pin E below it.)

a. . . .d
e. . . .h

In that case, grounding pin "a" would turn on bit 4 (most significant
bit), grounding pin "f" would turn on bit 2 and
grounding pin "b" would turn on bit 1 (lest significant bit).
ID (Grounded pins): None=0, B=1, F=2, B+F=3, A=4, B+A=5, F+A=6,
B+F+A=7.