[SPARCbook] What software improvments?

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur at mechnaus.org
Tue Apr 16 18:45:27 CDT 2002

Matthew Haas <wedge at lightlink.com> said:

> On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Thomas Roehr wrote:
> >
> > What software improvements does everyone want for the SparcBooks?
> > The inital list I can gleen from the list is:
> >
> > - Video driver for Solaris 7/8
> > - Wavlan driver for Solaris(11 MB's, not the 2 Mb's)
> > - APM integration for Linux/*BSD's
> > - PCMCIA support for Linux/*BSD's

     Pick only one? Heh, I can't, I'm greedy ;-). I would like to see APM and
PCMCIA support for Linux. I don't have the SB to AUI cable and I don't have
the cash to spare for one right now, so I would love to be able to use the
PCMCIA, even better if we can get wireless with it (I can just see my
neighbour's face when he sees me on the balcony with a sparcbook reading /.).
APM would be nice, but I guess I would have to say PCMCIA is more important.

> > Any others?
> >

>  Audio support.
>  And support for external monitor.

I'll second that.