[SPARCbook] Help!

glb at xenon22.freeserve.co.uk glb at xenon22.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Apr 19 02:37:30 CDT 2002

I have managed to boot into a single user mode by doing 3 0 vmunix -sw.  I then ran the date program from /usr/5bin.  This only seemed to have a 2 digit year field, I could set it to December 31st 1999, and watch it tick over to 2000, but the the Sparcbook would not boot again.  So now I've set it to some year in the 80's and it boots up fine, apart from now complaining about a "preposterous date in the filesystem".  Looks like it's not going to accept the current date.

Geoff