[SPARCbook] What software improvments?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 10:17:49 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 11:01:56AM -0400, Thomas Roehr wrote:

> What software improvements does everyone want for the SparcBooks?
>
> The inital list I can gleen from the list is:
>
> - Video driver for Solaris 7/8
> - Wavlan driver for Solaris(11 MB's, not the 2 Mb's)
> - APM integration for Linux/*BSD's
> - PCMCIA support for Linux/*BSD's

Better console support for Linux (and maybe for BSDs).  On my 3gx, the
console is painfully slow in Linux.  I'm not so concerned about PCMCIA,
as the only things I use PCMCIA for on other laptops are ethernet and
SCSI, both of which are already built-in.

> Also, what would you consider to be the most important one, if you can
> only get one of those improvements?

Probably APM support, although it really depends on what's annoying me
at the moment you ask :-)

--
David Cantrell | Member of the Brute Squad | http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

 Pressure was growing last night for the global "war on terror" to be
 broadened to take in a wide range of other 'rogue emotions' including
 horror, shock and a general feeling of bewilderment about the state of
 the world.    -- The Brains Trust