[SPARCbook] Bizare Sparcbook powerup failure?!

2711 sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 21 10:10:59 CDT 2001

OK, Last night I was Playing around with my 3xp, and shut it down with
Halt, then stop+o. Now the damn power swich doesn't ******* work! When I
plug the adapter in, it beeps, and the little green light to the far
left blinks, but the power button does NOT respond. I tried dust off,
Fervent prayer, and checking all connections to no efect. Did fate just
screw me out of yet annother beloved piece of not cheap equipment? The
guy who sits next to me in programming logic said it's because it didn't
have a battery, but it worked fine without a battery for months. Im
thinking I need to have the powerswich assembly replaced, does anyone
know what this will cost (estimate)?