[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX New HD

Michael Lorenz sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Sep 14 02:42:31 CDT 2001

Hi there,

>Does anyone know the number of data cylinders for Toshiba 10GB IDE drive?  I
>want to format HD and need number of  data cylinder information. I  need to
>format HD before Unix OS will recognize HD.

Well, ask Toshiba. ( www.toshiba.co.jp )
You don't really need these infos, just plug the disk in and try probe-scsi on the PROM, it should give you at least some idea. The Solaris format utility is able to recognize the disk itself.
( I had endless worries with format - it just didn't want to format my 6GB toshiba until I gave up, got to sleep, tried again the next day and it worked... )

hope that helps
Michael