[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3GX -Upgrade

Rodolfo Segleau sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Sep 6 09:49:21 CDT 2001

Dennis,

There are two ways to purchase the media and the license.
For the media you can either go through SUN (if they still
have it) or go through eBay. I bought my media off of eBay,
and got the hobbyist license through Sun. I am not sure if
Tadpole is still supporting and selling the license, but
their cost is a full commercial license. You can get the
Solaris 2.6 5/9? (I don't remember the exact year, and my
CDs aren't with me) and apply the Tadpole patches and then
the SUN patches. But this won't help you much since you need
Solaris 2.7.
You might want to see if SUN still has a hobbyist license
for 2.7 and see if you can get the media at from Tadpole at
a cheaper price, but I am not sure they'll allow you to do
this. You can't use the SUN official release of 2.7, since
Tadpole has not release their specific packages for 2.7 on
their FTP, unless this has changed. Any one have an update
on this from Tadpole?

Cheers,

Rodolfo