[SPARCbook] Sparcbook 1 Questions

Gavin Saxby sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Sep 4 01:37:55 CDT 2001

Hi all,

having recently picked up a colour Sparcbook 1, I've got a couple of
questions I'd like to ask.

Firstly, how can I boot into single user mode? When I got the machine it
was still set up as the previous owner wanted it, and I'd like to know
how to bring it up single user in case I make a mistake while
reconfiguring it. I'm more of a Solaris than a SunOS man and it's just a
little different :)

Secondly, does anyone out there have any media for the OS? I'd hate to
have to give up on the machine if its disk ever died. I'm sure we can
come to an arrangement.

Cheers,

Gavin.