[SPARCbook] What is the model number of the sparcbook 1 hard disk?

Ian Spray sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Nov 13 02:14:05 CST 2001

On Mon, 12 Nov 2001 19:18:07 -0500
Mike Nicewonger <twmaster at twmaster.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I recently got a sparcbook 1 and need to know wether this takes IDE or SCSI
> 2.5" format hard disks. Does anybody have the model number of any of the
> OEM drive?

The SB1's are indeed IDE.  40MB I think, and possibly from the days when
PC BIOS's wanted to know the drive number, and type 47 (I think) units
were a long way off...

> Is there a pointer to a parts and other specifications page for this
> nice machine??

I have some specs up, but they are fairly poor for these older units:

  http://www.tadpole.co.uk/~iws/

HTH,

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-Cycle
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/