[SPARCbook] 12G drive, but only 8G seen

Wes Hofmann sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu May 31 10:00:48 CDT 2001

Helena (Peter?):

I experienced the same limitation about a year ago.  Evidently, the SCSI->IDE
converters they use in the SparcBook series were designed before the advent of
LBA, which is the addressing method that modern IDE drives use that allow them
to exceed 8GB.  The only way that I know of to get around this problem is
trying to find a SCSI->IDE converter that is LBA-enabled.  Frustrating, isn't
it?

Wes