[SPARCbook] need AC adapter for SPARCbook

Mat Maessen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed May 30 16:35:19 CDT 2001

--------------BCBC11737FFD39CE1C9B2A4E

If you have some soldering skills, you can get an HP F1140A DC adapter
(designed for an HP laptop docking station - I found one on eBay for
$15), the correct DC plug for the Sparcbook from Radio Shack, and solder
it up.
Note that the polarity on the original HP DC plug is reverse of the
correct polarity for the Sparcbook's DC plug (correct polarity for the
Sparcbook is with the center conductor of the plug positive, and the
barrel negative).

If you can't find this specific HP adapter, any source of 12 volts at 5
amps of current will work.

-Mat

Ryan_Hickey at i2.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have an AC adapter for a series 3 SPARCbook they want to
> sell?  I can get one new from Tadpole for $150.  I was hoping to spend
> much less than that.  I was recently given a SPARCbook 3TX and I don't
> even know if it works...
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan
--------------BCBC11737FFD39CE1C9B2A4E

begin:vcard
n:Maessen;Mat
tel;work:518-482-0558 x1001
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Information Management Group;Integration Services
adr:;;8 Automation Lane;Albany;NY;12205;
version:2.1
email;internet:mjm at infomg.com
title:Senior Systems Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;0