[SPARCbook] WaveLan or any other 802.1x success anyone?

Ken Hansen sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri May 4 07:33:29 CDT 2001

Ian,

Given the choice, I'd prefer 802.11b support over 802.11 (not b ;^).

The unfortunate thing is, I suspect that if current 802.11b cards were to be
supported, that software would only be available to those customers on
support contracts, and probably only work with Solaris 7 or 8.

I wonder if/when Sun will support 802.11b, but even then, being back on
Solaris 2.6 whatever offering is developed would most likely *not* be of use
on a SPARCbook 3GS/3GX.

I really do appreciate your efforts, and while it would be nice to be able
to use the SPARCbook wirelessly, stringing some RJ-45 jacks around the house
is not that big a deal.

Thanks,

Ken