[SPARCbook] RDI Powerlite parts?

steve price sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu May 3 10:51:15 CDT 2001

tom, what model rdi?  i know that when i was looking
last year for my turbo170, all of the items were quite
scarce.

i finally found a pxu from rdi/tadpole themselves at a
reasonable price.  they don't (for some unknown
reason) advertise their rdi parts like they do their
sparcbook parts.

there are no pcmcia options that they will part with.
i've begged, pleaded, flashed credit cards, to no
avail.  the only one or two they have they are keeping
close for reserve to repair units still under
maintenance contracts.

that said, i found a nice external scsi pcmcia unit
that i carry with mine that works.

memory is either non-exsistant, or exhorborantly
expensive - quite proprietary on these boxes.  i was
lucky when i bought mine several years ago that it was
already max'd out.

if you run across any "stockpiles" of parts etc on
that side of the ocean, please share!

good luck and good hunting!

//regards
steve