[SPARCbook] color depth

jon fabian sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Mar 26 10:47:11 CST 2001

hi again,

how many colors is a sparcbook 3gx capable of displaying on the tft? i
_thought_ it was 24-bit color ... but i can't seem to get either gnustep/
windowmaker or cde to run in any mode other mode than 8-bit pseudocolor.
openwndows appears to be running 24-bit.

the windowmaker faq advises the following (which didn't work for me):

    in /usr/openwin/lib/X11/xdm/Xservers:
    :0 local /usr/openwin/bin/X -dev /dev/fb defdepth 24 defclass TrueColor

window manager configuration is near the bottom of my skills list, so any
help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

jon fabian