[SPARCbook] 12G drive, but only 8G seen

Greg sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Jun 29 11:58:13 CDT 2001

> Wkere did you get *just* the adapter?  I have a Voyager that could use more space,
> but not at $400 for 6.4 Gig (http://www.powerbook1.com/)

I bought the 6.4 GB drive from powerbook1.com and put the new adapter that
came with it onto the 10GB IBM drive I already had (allowing me to use the
extra 2GB that I couldn't use before).  I then put the old adapter on the
6.4GB drive and I use that drive in my other 3GX.  It worked for me because
I wanted a larger disk for the other laptop and the old controller works
fine for the 6.4GB disk (no 8GB problem to deal with), it's just a bit
slower.

I almost purchased the bare adapters from the manufacturer in Japan but
decided it was worth paying a bit extra to avoid the paperwork hassles of
that transaction.  They didn't accept credit cards and wanted money wired
into their bank accounts in Japan.  They do have a web page if you want
to go that route (http://www.adtx.co.jp/).

-greg