[SPARCbook] SparcBook 3gx needs a new home

jon fabian sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 4 14:37:24 CDT 2001

Folks,

I am selling a 3GX. I really don't want to do the eBay dance --
especially now that someone is selling like 59 sparcbooks in one lot....
here's the specs:

SparcBook 3gx, 32MB/1.2GB, floppy, 3rd party power supply, Tadpole
Solaris 2.5.1 freshly installed _and_ on (legal) CD with NCE manual.

This is an amazingly clean specimen -- very little wear on the case,
tight hinges, great keyboard, etc.  Has a neoprene "wetsuit" bag which
fits the unit, power supply, and a cable or two. Or there's always that
huge Targus leather notepack all these ex-Herman Miller units seemed to
come in. Optional.

The floppy frive is in a standard zipper case; however, there isn't a
tadpole hd50M - hd50F cable. a hd50M - hd50M cable ought to work, but you
need the other cable for daisychaining (available at http://www.apstech.com/).

I have a 170MB CallunaCard PCMCIA disk that came with it, but it has
something majorly wrong with it -- can't mount, makes a lot of noise.
Optional and no charge.

Price negotiable. But in my heart of hearts i'd like to get somewhere
near $500..

Also very willing to trade for fun stuff -- like bigger sparcbook hard
drives...

Will ship in authorized FedEx Laptop Computer Box, 3rd day, buyer pays.

I'm in new york city, so if someone here wants it we could meet at
starbucks and do a little business :-)

Jon Fabian
<jon at rkp.net>