[SPARCbook] dumb case question

Steve Weaver sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 30 15:37:38 CST 2001

Jonathan Kalbfeld writes:

> I've got a crack developing in my sparcbook 3gs case that is exacerbated
> every time I open it.
>
> It's specifically on the right arm which connects the display top to the
> bottom, on the part where it goes from rounded to flat.  There's a crack
> right on the cusp there.
>
> If that part is severed, will it affect the sturdiness of the case, and is
> there any way to reinforce/tighten this to prevent the display from
> flopping down and making the operator very upset.  I tried crazy glue but
> it doesn't stick and only makes it worse.

You might try JB Weld.  After all, the city of Whatever, TX saved a million
dollars using it to repair a Caterpillar engine block. </sarcasm>

Seriously, though, JB Weld just might do the trick.

-SW
Steven Weaver                                    sweaver at inebraska.com
Director of Technical Services               http://www.inebraska.com/
Internet Nebraska                                         402.434.8680