[SPARCbook] Merlin/Rocochet on SparcBook?

Michael Wolfson sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Jan 26 14:04:43 CST 2001

Hi,

Has anyone tried one of those Merlin pcmcia modems for the Ricochet
wireless network on their sparcbook?  I'd like to give this a shot on my
3GX with Solaris 2.6, but I'm not sure I want to shell out >$300US if it
mightn't work.

AFAICT from their docs, it appears to the host as a normal modem using the
normal AT-style commands.

http://novatelwireless.com/pcproducts/ricochet.html

I'm getting desperate here, since I live in a backwater town (San Jose,
CA), where this is my only means of internet access that doesn't involve a
56k modem.

Thanks,
  -- MW