[SPARCbook] RE: [SunRescue] NetBSD 1.5 CDROM

Michael M Delaney sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Jan 25 12:52:17 CST 2001

I have tried the .iso for sparc (70mb file), for 1.5 alpha or beta, it was
the newest release as off ~ 11/20 or 22.  It did have some problems with
the framebuffer, and X would lock up if i tried to quit, but seemed to
work ok.  Unfortunatly, I had a partition die from unknown causes, and the
cd drive I have at school isnt sun bootable (took me a long time to
rembember that I used one at home over break to get it to install, I kept
thinking "This worked before....This worked before..."  ;)
As of now, I finally got a copy of Solaris 2.6, I'm going to try to get
that working (borrowed a working cd drive too), but if you dont want to
spend the cash, or cant fine someone who will just give it to you, netbsd
seems to be a better choice then linux, at least from my expearance.

Mike