[SPARCbook] Netbooting Solaris 2.6 from a non-solaris server?

Michael M Delaney sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 24 09:24:55 CST 2001

Hi all,
I'm trying to get solaris 2.6 installed on my laptop, and (having finally
given up on the cd drive i have), I'm trying to do a network install.  I
dont have access to a solaris box (or at least one i could be root on) so
I tried running the scripts that the manual's said to use, but it said
something like "bar: command not found"  Anyone know what this error
means, or how to get an install server set up correctly?
Thanks,
Mike