[SPARCbook] help, my 3gs has fallen apart!

Jonathan Kalbfeld sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Sun Feb 11 18:03:06 CST 2001

Okay, this is really weird, bordering on an X file.

Last night I opened up my 3gs and the right arm part that was partially
severed broke completely off, so the two little screws in back had nothing
to anchor to and they fell out.  Of course the top display part was really
wobbly then, and apparently loosened the screws on the left, which broke
loose in the display.

Needless to say, I disassembled the top half of the sparcbook (done this a
few times before to tighten screws) and now can't get the little screws in
the back to anchor to the front part of the display.

I've got a P1000G coming this week (got it from ebay) and am going to
cannibalize it for parts, but I was wondering if there's anything I can do
to prevent this from happening again.  Looks like a manufacturing defect
of some sort.  Now my sparcbook is basically useless because i cannot get
the display to anchor to the hinge.

I'm concerned that when the top part became wobbly, it stripped the canals
where the screws anchored on the back.  Has this happened to anyone else?

jonathan

:wq!