[SPARCbook] Free OS summary for Sparcbook

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Feb 1 12:55:11 CST 2001

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Miles Nordin wrote:

> Linux and heat:
>
> Linux continues to inspire me every time I brush with it, but sadly the
> Sparcbook news is moderately dismal.  It's not really a big deal, but
> here's the skinny.

I have run a 3GS for several day uninterrupted with Linux and while the
machine may be warm I couldn't say it was realy warmer compared to running
Solaris 2.6 (as shipped by TadPole).

No fans attached.

But a number of things are realy missing so I prefer to have it run
Solaris while the remaining systems (including 2 other Sparcs) run Linux.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/