[SPARCbook] New HDD sled/cable for adding to RDI/Tadpole

Brian Richardson sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 6 13:06:08 CST 2001

Hi,

I just signed up to this list, and I hope someone can point me in
the right direction.  I'm trying to add a 2nd hard drive to an
RDI/Tadpole laptop running HP-UX.  It appears the existing HDD's
sit on top of an IDE-to-SCSI converter, and there is a 50 pin to
40 pin arrangement needed to mate the unit with the laptop when
the plastic tray into which the whole mess sits is inserted back
into the laptop.

The folks at powerbook1.com appear to have the converter piece,
but I can't seem to locate a source for this small cable/connector
arrangement.

Can anyone steer me in the right direction ?  The folks at RDI/Tadpole
want too much money for adding a 2nd HDD, hence the desire to do it
myself.

Thanks in advance.
Brian