[SPARCbook] Taiwan-made ultrasparcbook

d neal wise sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Fri Aug 31 20:57:35 CDT 2001

On Fri, 31 Aug 2001, Miles Nordin wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 05:19:03PM +0000, Patrick McAleavey wrote:
> > model 777S w/ [every feature you could possibly dream of] . . . [and
> > all this at] approx half the cost of a new unit from Tadpole
> [...]
> > very disappointed in their response time to my emails
>
> Welcome to Taiwan, Sir.

I like these two lines:

"What are its functions?"
"What can it do to make my jobs easier?"

hey. that covers about everything in my life.

"the world first and Only Unix-compatible notebook"

hmm...

> All the same, please keep us informed if you get any verification
> that they actually have a SPARC laptop which can boot up.  I think I'd
> rather buy a laptop from an obscure Chinese company than from Apple,
> assuming the former actually existed.  Even if it involved Wire Transfers.

apple makes great laptops.  you must just generally dislike apple :)

no disloyalty to my second-hand, not direct from tadpole anyway sparcbook
but I'd be interested in one of these as well. any price indication?

regards,

neal
d neal wise - nwise at spy.net
SPY internetworking  -  will network for food
http://www.spy.net