[SPARCbook] external floppy problems

sparcbook at sunhelp.org sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Thu Aug 2 22:30:03 CDT 2001

     I'm having a small problem with my 3GX and the
external floppy.  I've been trying to transfer files
between it and my Sparc20.  Neither one can recognize
the other's disks no matter what format I use.  I can
format, copy files to and get files from the disk on the
3GX as long as the disk has been formatted in that
drive.  It doesn't seem to recognize any other disks.
The 20 can read/write/format PC and UNIX disks.  I'm
taking a wild guess here but it appears the external
floppy drive is out of alignment.  I've tried all the
recommended ways of setting it up from the manual and
even boot -r (which seems to work as far as being able
to do what I can do).  Am I on the right track?  Thanks
for any help in advance.