[SPARCbook] Hard Drive Error

Rodolfo Andres Segleau rsegleau at swbell.net
Mon Sep 11 22:32:09 CDT 2000

Hello all,

    I think my hard drive on my SparcBook 3 XP has decided to die. A low
level format and two deep analysis to the hard drive revealed nothing wrong
with the hard drive. Of course it's set to SCSI ID 3.
    When it tries to load solaris 2.5, it starts reading the hard drive and
then decides to respond with a short read error. Has anyone encountered this
problem before?
    I have already called Tadpole and informed them of the situation and
they are sending me another 1.2GB drive.

Thanks for the help.

Rodolfo