[SPARCbook] Q: Heat build-up in SPARCbook3 GX "left on 24x7"

Matthew Haas wedge at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 24 18:36:38 CDT 2000

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Gary Goddard wrote:

> In my local electronic store (Maplin in the UK www.maplin.co.uk ) I saw a
> PCMCIA cooling fan (Catalogue code TK51F ).
> The packaging stated compatible with windows, but it looked like it just
> took its power from the port.
> Has anyone tryed one with a sparcbook?

I have a PCMCIA cooling fan I got from 3dcool.com... it works... I think
it keeps it slightly cooler than it would if I weren't running it (but
then again I'm not doing very much intensive stuff to really notice a big
difference)... it works by default once you plug it in... the windows
software merely controls the ability to turn it on or off when plugged
in... maybe show RPMs...

I like it... When I'm showing off my SPARCbook to "PC users", it helps to
show off the coolness :)

 -    |||       Atari 8-bit!  Star Wars * SPARCbook 3GX * SUMMER!!    -
-     |||      400/800/XL/XE  Battlestar: Galactica * SPARC * Linux    -
- |  | | |  | 2600/5200/7800  NetBSD1.4.2 * StarTrek * Galaga * SCSI   -
 - ||  |  ||     Lynx/Jaguar  Star Raiders * Descent * Voltron * UNIX -