[SPARCbook] Sparcbook ATA drive formatting

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 03:37:22 CDT 2000

On 23-Oct-00 Martin Wedel wrote:

> btw, what's the largest hdd anyone has been able to use in their
> sparcbook? I know tadpole sells a 12G, but is there any OBP limitation to
> go above that?

I would tend to be careful about where the kernel image resides on the
drive - older versions of OBP weren't very happy if the kernel either
spanned, or was on the other side of the first 2G of drive space.
Simply make sure the / partition is no more than 2G, and is the first slice
on the drive, and that won't be a problem.

I can't recall if there were any other gotcha's, though.

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-RDI
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/