[SPARCbook] Larger disk on S1

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Tue Oct 17 13:38:52 CDT 2000

This may sound dumb, but have you give the machine an OS to boot yet? Your
replacement drive most likely has no OS on it. Have you tried booting
without the new drive (it may be bad)? Can you boot with no hard drive (just
curious)?

I would suggest putting the old drive in, booting, set the openboot prom (or
whatever it is called) to not auto boot into the HD, then try swapping
drives again, with a CD-ROM attached to fdisk/format/ install an OS onto the
machine.

Could this be puking due to Y2K?

HTH,

Ken