[SPARCbook] Tadpole-RDI October Newsletter

Emily Rougier emilyr at tadpolerdi.com
Mon Oct 16 19:25:27 CDT 2000

TADPOLE-RDI NEWSLETTER  October 2000
Portable UNIX Workstations & Servers for a Mobile World
www.tadpolerdi.com

CONTENTS:

1.	Tadpole Technology / Tadpole-RDI In The News
2.	Portal Software, Inc. User Story
3.	Tech Tip of the Month
4.	Tadpole-RDI Offers Technology "Trade-Up" Programs
5.	Car Adapter Now Available for the UltraBookIIi Product Family
6.	Come See us at the Veritas Worldwide Users Conference 2000,
7.	About Tadpole-RDI

1.	Tadpole Technology / Tadpole-RDI In The News

Rawn Shah from SunWorld reviews Tadpole-RDI's VoyagerIIi

"With Tadpole-RDI's Voyager IIi portable server system, mobile users now
have more powerful units they can carry between offices that have been
designed properly for all the bumps and grinds of the road. At the same
time, the unit provides what you expect of a server: a powerful processor,
lots of memory and disk space, and expandability."

				Rawn Shah  SunWorld

For the complete version of this review, please visit http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-09-2000/swol-0922-voyager.html

For more VoyagerIIi information please visit the following: A white paper
explaining the business use of the Voyager: http://www.tadpole.com/voyager/voywp.html
The Voyager IIi's specification sheet:
http://www.tadpole.com/voyager/voydatasheet.pdf

2.	Portal Software, Inc. User Story

Portal's Trainers Pump the Message  "More You Know, More You Grow"; Tadpole-RDI's
Portable VoyagerIIi Servers Enable Portal Software to Double Its Global
Customer Training Programs without Additional Resource

So, with unchanged resource of just eight training officers, how has the
vendor managed to cope with such an increase in customer training programs?

"Simple - we wised up, moved to portable Unix, and took control of our
business model.", replies Derek Peterson, Portal's worldwide training manager.
"Instead of wasting effort, time, and money in lugging around desktops,
or having them shipped ahead to training sites, we now have a pool of Tadpole-RDI's
VoyagerIIi servers that training officers carry to venues."

For the complete version of this story, please visit http://industry.java.sun.com/javanews/stories/story2/0,1072,30365,00.html

3.	Tech Tip of the Month

Problem: Reconfiguring Solaris Without Doing a Boot -r
Solution: Did you know that you can initiate a reconfiguration boot in
multi-user mode using one of the following procedures? On the command line,
enter reboot -- -r or change into the root directory and touch a file called
reconfigure, then reboot from the command line cd /touch reconfigure reboot
Most people bring the box down to the "ok" prompt and enter "boot -r" to
do a reconfiguration boot.

4.	Tadpole-RDI Offers Technology "Trade-Up" Programs

"SPARC'd" by customer demand, Tadpole-RDI has extended its trade-up program
giving owners of UltraBookI, SPARCbook and PowerLite systems the opportunity
to upgrade their computing systems to the latest technology. For details
on the attractive trade-in offers please email ams at tapolerdi.com.

5.	Car Adapter Now Available for the UltraBookIIi Product Family

Tadpole-RDI announces the availability of a car adapter for UltraBookIIi.
 UltraBookIIi users now have the most compact solution for mobile power
needs.  This convenient cigarette-lighter plug taps the power of any automotive
battery.

For more information on UltraBookIIi, please visit us at http://www.tadpolerdi.com/ultrabookii/spec.html

6.	Come See us at the Veritas Worldwide Users Conference 2000,

Hanscom AFB (Military)				FBI (Military)
	Bedford, MA					Washington, DC
Oct 12, 2000					Nov 16, 2000

Veritas						AFCEA TechNet South 2000 (Military)
Booth#110					Charleston, SC
Oct 23-26, 2000				Nov 28-30, 2000
Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas

Fort Bragg, NC (Military)				McDill AFB (Military)
Oct 24, 2000					Tampa, FL
						Dec 7, 2000

Camp Lejeune Marine Corps, NC (Military)		AFCEA Western Conference (Military)
Oct 25, 2000					Booth#441
						Jan 23-25, 2001
						San Diego Convention Center, San Diego

Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station, 		Networld Interop
NC (Military)				Booth#8723
Oct 26, 2000					May 8-10, 2001
						Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas

Langley AFB, VA (Military)			AFCEA 55th International Convention
Nov 15, 2000					(Military)
						Booth# 333 or 331
						June 5-7, 2001
				Washington D.C. Convention Center,
				Washington, D.C

7.		About Tadpole-RDI

Background
Tadpole-RDI is the global leader in the design and manufacture of portable
computing solutions for the mobile computing professional.

Inherent Value
Our product line allows for seamless selling and service provision to your
potential or current customers. More time spent on mission critical activities
increases your probability for success. Our portable UNIX solutions put
all your energies towards success, not towards packing, shipping, and repacking
desktops.

Commitment
Tadpole-RDI is committed to being the highest quality mobile computing
solutions provider for industry professionals across the globe.

All trademarks mentioned in this document are the property of their respective
owners.

For product inquiries:
sales at tadpolerdi.com
800-734-5483

If you do not wish to receive further editions of this newsletter, please
send an email to emilyr at tadpolerdi.com with "Remove Me Now" in the subject
line.

For more information on Tadpole-RDI please visit our web site:
http://www.tadpolerdi.com
sales at tadpolerdi.com
Toll Free (US): 800-734-5483
Phone: 760-929-0992