[SPARCbook] Tadpole patched Solaris 7 for $350.

Bob Krzaczek krz at cis.rit.edu
Thu Oct 12 17:30:20 CDT 2000

Thus spake sunder:
; 7 does however offer better PCMCIA drivers and more of them.

I'm curious about something.

I import photos quite a bit from digital cameras to my Solaris 2.6
Sparcbook by mounting the PCMCIA memory cards as "PC filesystems".
This works great; the camera formats the cards as a FAT disk and the
Sparcbook mounts them with no problem.

No problem, that is, unless your card is larger than 16Mb.  When I try
to mount a 32Mb card, it fails with the wonderfully generic "I/O
error".  Since the Sparcbook plays nicely with the Calluna ATA disk
card (which is quite a bit larger than 16Mb), I'm blaming the PCMCIA
memory card driver.

Does anyone know if Solaris 7 cures this particular problem, or is the
16Mb limit still present?

Thanks,

// bob

--