[SPARCbook] Wireless access for SPARCbooks...

Ken Hansen Ken.Hansen at ICTI-USA.com
Wed Oct 11 09:03:05 CDT 2000

I was reading eWeek ( http://www.eweek.com ) and noticed an interesting
tidbit on the Lucent AP-500 Access Point, an 11M bps access point/bridge,
and there was something interesting: along with the mention of the Access
Point/bridge unit, there was also a list of supported devices, which
included not only PCMCIA cards and PCI/ISA adapters, but mention of
"Ethernet/serial port adapters for legacy devices."

A 11M bps Wireless unit that works off an ethernet or serial port?

Does anyone have any pointers or experiences with these devices? I'd like to
"go wireless," and the ability to use my SPARCbook wirelessly might be
enough to push me over the edge and set this up...

Ken