[SPARCbook] Upgrading 1.2 MB Hard Drive

Jerry Mendes mendes at datacomm-insights.com
Thu May 4 22:50:07 CDT 2000

OK, I've read through the archives and talked with Tadpole RDI about their
option ($2,000 for an 11 GB drive).  They explained that I will need a
special mounting bracket (which they don't sell separately, thank you very
much).  And I've read in the list that somehow I need to convert a standard
IDE drive interface to SCSI (or is it the other way 'round?).

I'd like to upgrade my 3GX to at least 2 GB, possibly 4 GB drive.

I'm open to advice and suggestions on where to go shopping.  I'm in the San
Francisco/Silicon Valley area, and there are a few recycling places with
weird stuff... :)

Thanks.