[SPARCbook] Quick FYI about list changes

patl at phoenix.volant.org patl at phoenix.volant.org
Tue Mar 28 21:16:33 CST 2000

On 28-Mar-00 at 19:08, Sunder (sunder at anon7b.sunder.net) wrote:
> Set an Errors-To and a Reply-To headers in the outgoing messages.  Should
> take care of it.  Errors-To should point to the list administrator. :)

Setting Errors-To is good advice; but setting Reply-To in lists
is generally (but not universally) considered to be Bad Idea.
Among other things, it makes it somewhat difficult to reply to
a sender who is not subscribed to the list; or to direct further
off-topic discussion to a more appropriate forum.

(This is somewhat of a religious issue though; and I sincerely
hope that this message doesn't trigger an extended discussion.)

-Pat