[SPARCbook] New Tadpole/RDI product will be reviewed

Ken Hansen n2vip at bellatlantic.net
Sun Jun 18 18:55:24 CDT 2000

EEW - that stinks... Maybe that is their new model, send the units out on
approval, let you fall in love with it, then claim damage when you try and
return it! ;^)

I would be *very* curious if they got the power issue under control - a one
hour laptop is "just short" of useful for most users... I was away at school
this weekend and was working on my Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop (PII/266
with lots 'o RAM and a 12.1" TFT display) and got a *very reliable* 3 hour
battery life.

That is the kind of battery life you need in todays market, IMHO (and my
laptop is *old* by todays standard...

Ken

PS: School is Linux-based, the SPARCBook would amaze on professor, then
I'd be back on the Tecra to do my work... Oh well.)