[SPARCbook] Display problem with Netscape 4.73 under Solaris 2.6

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Sun Jun 11 13:49:54 CDT 2000

Hi,

> OK, I've found the guilty one: It's 105284-33 Motif 1.2.7: Runtime library
> patch. I can install/uninstall it, and the display problems come and go
> away. All other patches from both Tadpole and Solaris 2.6 are installed.
> Now, the question is: is this a Netscape, Tadpole, or Solaris bug?
> I don't know what version of motif Netscape was originally linked
> against, but that's most probably be something from Solaris 2.5.1. It's also
> interesting to see that some people seem to have this problem, and others
> not.  What versions of 105284 do you have installed?
>
> Rainer

I'm running 105284-31, and haven't noticed the problem.  I am running
Communicator-4.7 though, so will try 4.73.

-Mark

Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com -- http://www.misty.com/)