[SPARCbook] Wireless 802.11 on Sparcbook? Yes, it can be don

Ian Spray iws at tadpole.co.uk
Wed Jun 7 11:48:13 CDT 2000

On 07-Jun-00 Sunder wrote:

> Now the real question is, which Wavelan card?

We've used a Digital RoamAbout (should be WaveLan compatible - it works
with those drivers) which says DEIWB-BA Rev. A on the back, and says on the
box:

 Digital RoamAbout DS/PC Card, Compatible with the RoamAbout DS/ISA NIC for
 desktop devices (uses 915MHz or 2.4GHz)

I've not seen any of the true ATT WaveLAN cards here, so I don't know what
models are available.  As I understand things at the moment, the 11Mb data
rate cards (802.11 compatible) are not currently supported.

--
Ian Spray          :  Software Engineer     :  Tadpole-RDI
iws at tadpole.co.uk  :  +44 (0) 1223 428 224  :  http://www.tadpole.com/